Positive people are charismatic. They have an inner glow that makes its way to their exterior. It’s not that they don’t experience challenges, either. It’s just that they approach them differently.
If you want to become more positive in your approach while dealing with life, many things can assist you in the process. Like any other character trait, you can learn the power of positivity. Avoiding gossip, engaging in self-care, and treating others the way that you want them to treat you helps you get in a high vibe state of mind.
Here are ten positivity tips to get you through the most challenging times:
- Become grateful for all of the things that you have in your life. Say a statement of gratitude every morning upon waking up. List all of the things that make you feel wonderful in a gratitude journal. You can view it anytime you need a pick-me-up.
- Listen to upbeat music while getting ready in the morning. A snappy tune can set the mood quickly. While you’re working out, cooking breakfast, or even showering, listen to music with a fast tempo. Create a playlist that makes you feel upbeat and sharp, so you can play it automatically upon rising.
- Create a vision board, so you’re able to visualize your dreams clearly. Using images that you find in magazines, tell the story of your wildest dreams in a way that only you know how to express it. Cut out pictures and text that you later glue to a firm piece of cardstock or poster board. Hang the vision board in a place where you will see it often.
- Say affirmations to yourself. State positive phrases such as “I am strong,” “I am capable,” and “I am worthy” to yourself daily. Speak your beliefs into existence. Even if you don’t feel confident, state that you are until you believe it to be true.
- Make it a point to be the person who initiates the conversation. Be the first to break the ice. It’s a great way to get to know people you may never get the chance to meet ordinarily. Make them feel comfortable speaking to you. Let them know what it feels like to have someone listen to them without interruption.
- Get outdoors and spend time in the sunshine. Not only will you ramp up Vitamin D production in the body, but you’ll also get a change of scenery. Take a walk, ride your bike, or spend some time gardening. Don’t forget to bring your water bottle with you!
- Live in the moment but daydream about the future. Mindfulness allows you to be aware and appreciative of the current moment. It provides room for you to plan out your future, too. Make it a point to try to be better tomorrow than you were today.
- Set goals for yourself that you know you can achieve. Cross one after another off your to-do list. There isn’t anything you can’t do if you put your mind to it. Beat your own expectations of yourself.
- Smile as much as you possibly can stand to do so in a day. Some people suffer from frown fatigue. They forget how to smile. Make it your default expression and see how others react positively to you.
- Create a jar of memories that make you feel good. Collect your most memorable moments on slips of paper that you place inside the jar. You’ll be able to dump the jar out after a short period and relive your memories. It’s something that you can have your family help you do, too.
A positive attitude is an asset. It helps you see the silver lining in every situation. It helps you cultivate a strong sense of gratitude for the house that you own and the things that you have. It allows you to quickly move past the things that bother you so that you’re able to make room for the things that fill your soul.